Increase Your Low Confidence
Low confidence can point to a problem in two areas:
1. You doubt your abilities and fear failure
2. You fear rejection and feel unimportant
It is possible to struggle with just one of these areas. Or, you can struggle with both. We can help you build your strength and your confidence to take risks that make your life better.
How we can help
Fear of Failure
When you fear failure, you are often doubting yourself. You worry about making mistakes. You scared you won’t know what to do or that people will think you’re an ‘imposter’ who is not up to the task.
We teach you ways of increasing your low confidence by:
- Identifying the coping strategies, you use that undermine a growth in confidence
- Identify thinking patterns that chip away at you
- Design exercises to help you step outside your comfort zone
Fear of Rejection
A fear of rejection can be born out of a belief that other people don’t care or that you are unimportant. Similarly, you may believe that there is something wrong or defective about you deep down. As a result, you’ll be more likely to avoid speaking to people, put others first all the time and see others as better, more likeable or more attractive. Instead of seeing your beauty, you get caught up in self-criticism.
We teach you ways of building your low confidence by:
- Identifying the roots of feeling unloved or cared for
- Identifying your current coping strategies and assessing their effectiveness
- Build up new skills in you including:
- Assertiveness training
- Clarifying what’s most important to you
- Designing exercises to increase the connection in your relationships
We aim to get to the root of the problem quickly by pin-pointing the areas of your life where you lack confidence e.g. relationships or work. We’ll teach you the relevant skills in a safe and supportive environment. You’ll observe demonstrations from our CBT specialists on how to handle tricky conversations by being open, honest and respectful.
See our workshops and individual therapy to decide on the best option to suit your lifestyle and budget.
Not sure what you need?
Tell us something about your circumstances and one of our CBT Experts will sign-post you in the right direction.
Not sure your problems are confidence-related? Maybe it’s more to do with anxiety, depression, stress or trust. Or do you think you might benefit more from relationship counselling? Just click the links to help you decide.