Hi and thank you for visiting Openforwards.
As you know, we are a Birmingham-based psychology enterprise providing professional training, wellbeing consultancy and personal well-being services including Counselling, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Psychotherapy.
Would you like to work with us?
Please get in touch if you are interested in working with us. You can give us a call on tel – 0121 523 1108 or email using the contact form.
We aim to get back to you within 24 hours.
What do we do?
Openforwards was founded in 2016 by Jim Lucas. Many years ago, Jim trained as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and Addictions Counsellor. He left the NHS in 2011 after ten years’ service to set up a private practice. Now, Jim leads a team of skilled and supportive Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Psychologists who can deliver evidence-based interventions including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassion-focused therapy (CFT) and Eye Movement De-Sensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR).
It’s our mission to help you quickly get to the root of your problems so you can learn effective practical strategies that will improve your well-being.
Would you like to speak to a Counsellor, Psychotherapist or Psychologist in Birmingham?
Where to find us
Openforwards has offices in The Jewellery Quarter and we are open six days a week (Monday to Saturday).
The Jewellery Quarter has been described by English heritage to be a ‘national treasure’. It’s home to over 700 jewellers and independent retailers, a thriving food and drink scene and an area steeped in incredible history.
Excellent road, bus, rail and tram networks provide easy access and on street parking is available at a minimal pay and display charge. Jewellery Quarter’s train and tram stations are 2 minutes walk. Local buses include: 101 from Colmore Row, 16 from Corporation Street, 74 / 79 from Bull Street and inner circle 8a/8c.
Openforwards CBT & Counselling,
The Jewellery Business Centre,
95 Spencer Street, Jewellery Quarter,
Birmingham, B18 6DA.
Tel – 0121 523 1108
Opportunities to work with us
We’d love to hear from you if you would like our help with any of the following:
- Personal struggles, including work-related stress, anxiety, depression, confidence & self-esteem , trust, traumatic memories, relationships, procrastination and productivity, or bereavement.
- Self-Help Online Course – A Powerful Eight-Week Online Course to stop struggling before it all too late!
- Professional development for Therapists, including training in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Therapist burnout and well-being, and Clinical Supervision.
- Be part of our Practitioners Wellbeing Community – a safe and caring online space for therapists and mental healthcare professionals.
- Wellbeing Consultancy for organisations who wish to develop interventions that improve support for their employees or customers.
- Event organisers who require a Wellbeing Specialist for their conference, panel or keynotes.
- Publications and Journalists who wish to invite pitches for articles.
- Radio and TV broadcasters who require specialist input for your project or news item.
- Writers and Bloggers who wish to guest post on Openforwards Blog.
- Anyone interested in appearing as a guest on the Openforwards podcast, Self-Help Sat Nav.
Request for Work Experience of Placements
Unfortunately, we do not offer work experience or placements for trainees. In theory, we’d love to be able to offer this opportunity, but you can’t do everything.
Associate Therapist Opportunities
We welcome expressions of interest from qualified Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Psychologists. If you have training in an evidence-based intervention such as CBT, ACT, CFT, EMDR, DBT or Systemic Family Therapy, then we would love to hear from you.
Awarded Best for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & Innovation in Psychological Healthcare
Where else you can find us
You can also find us on various social media platforms including twitter, facebook, LinkedIn and Youtube. We are listed with Google Business here. You also come across us on various podcasts and radio shows.