What are your favourite podcasts?
Do you listen to podcasts? Um, why not? It can’t be because you don’t have the time, because the great thing about podcasts is that you can listen while cooking,
cleaning and any other mind-numbingly boring piece of housework. It can make getting the housework done less of a chore and more of a hobby – I know, I’m stretching it.
Here is how you get started
According to those statisticians, about 20% of us have listened to a podcast in the last month. You can listen to just about anything. It super simple to set up as well.
You download a podcast app to your phone.
If you’re an iPhone user, then have a rummage around apple podcasts. Android users have a bigger choice. I use Castbox and Spotify on my Samsung. I subscribe to my favourites and then new episodes get added to the list without me needing to do anything. Woh! Who knew?
What do I listen to?
I listen to a bunch of psychology and business-related podcasts. These are mainly educational, but I also listen to some entertaining ones like Hero’s Journey, Rough
Trade music and Desert Island Discs. I tend to listen at home and while commuting on the bus. I love learning, so having easy access to podcasts is brilliant. How
about you? What do you listen to?
The best 35 podcasts in 2020
This week, I thought I’d signpost you to a handful of educational wellbeing
podcasts that I’ve either been listening for a while or recently discovered. Either way, I hope you enjoy it. You can also check our Wired’s list of 35 best podcasts in 2020.
Have a fun weekend and see below my little list of podcasts that give you ideas from around the world to help you work, love, play and feel better.
The Openforwards Weekly Round-Up
- Freaking the F out Kelsey Bennett and Maddy Scott examine the inner workings of their anxious minds.
- A Gay and NonGay UK’s #1 award-winning LGBTQ+ podcast.
- Jeff Goins Podcast Jeff’s podcast about writing, life and creative work.
- People Soup Podcast with Ross McIntosh where he focuses on the cultivation of psychological flexibility in organisations, teams and individuals.
- Self-Help Sat NavThe Openforwards monthly podcast, which is on extended rest. You can still check out the library of guides and interviews with experts exploring relationships,
wellbeing and work.
Are you looking for CBT or Counselling in Birmingham? Get in touch to speak to a therapist or book a consultation.